Slum Dwellers International is a network of community-based organizations of the urban poor in 33 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America with Secretariat offices based in Cape Town, South Africa.
The SDI Secretariat is looking to appoint a self-motivated and organized recent graduate or current post-grad student studying communications and / or urban development, sustainability, climate resilience, affordable housing, or development studies.
The candidate will be appointed as an intern on a six month contract starting immediately. This is an unpaid internship and the candidate should own his/her own laptop. There is flexibility with regards to remote work, but the candidate should be based in Cape Town (or surrounds) should the need to meet in person arise. The candidate will report to the Advocacy & Communications manager.
- Content creation for SDI’s website, social media channels, and newsletter
- Management of SDI’s digital content calendar
- Set up integrated email / calendar system for Secretariat staff
- Manage SDI’s calendar, incl. Zoom meetings, conference calls, and webinars / events
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from bachelor/post-graduate programme in above mentioned fields.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital content creation and social media management
- Demonstrated interest in SDI’s areas of work
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with others
- Attention to detail, focus, efficiency
- Excellent organizational skills
- Quick worker; responsive; able to work to a schedule / deadlines
- Proven English writing skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Familiarity with social media / digital content channels, particularly Facebook, Mailchimp, and WordPress, and tools associated with those
All candidates should submit their most recent CV with a letter of motivation outlining how skills fit the above profile to Ariana Karamallis, firstname.lastname@example.org. SDI will be in correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Deadline for submissions is 30 April 2019.